home


March 5, 2012

The Getty Museum

If you're in LA, one of the things you have to do is visit the Getty Museum. It is perched atop a hill overlooking all of Los Angeles, and on a very clear day, you can see all the way to Catalina Island. The building itself is something to see, with bold architectural lines, made entirely out of a beautiful natural stone.

Photobucket


I loved all the geometric lines and shadows I found.

PhotobucketPhotobucket


The views are beautiful, the art collection is amazing, and the garden is really cool. Unfortunately, the gardens were closed for renovation when I was there, but you can see a glimpse of it here:

Photobucket


The day I went, LA was covered in this strange mixture of what looked like clouds, fog, and smog, all obscuring any chance at a clear, beautiful view. So, I just took more pictures of the complex itself.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket



3 comments:

  1. Hi, we're both members of the 'college students on etsy' team. i just joined and started browsing around to see what everyone has to offer! i love your aesthetics and photography. can't wait to see more!

    jenny
    pearlswirljournals.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only a plane ride across the country were that easy! Until it is, I'll bask and dream I was there in your photos. Thanks for posting lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous, and gorgeous photos! I'm pretty sure I won't be in LA anytime soon but I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever find myself there.
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete

Got two cents to pitch in? Go for it! I adore comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...