home


October 7, 2012

Gardens of Versailles

The day we visited Versailles, the gardens were absolutely beautiful. It was sunny, but the sky was covered in beautiful, full, textured clouds, and there was a fresh chill in the air. The gardens seem to extend out to infinity, and I loved imagining Marie Antoinette-type ladies wandering about in these gardens, or floating in a canoe on the canals.

I made the mistake of wearing uncomfortable shoes, yet again. I don't know how many times I have to self-induce suffering upon myself before I actually take my own advice, and that advice is: WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES THAT FIT PROPERLY!! Evidently I never knew what walking really was in Long Beach, because I've never had so many shoe/foot-related problems in my life!

Try to catch the gardens when the fountains are turned on!














We also visited Marie Antoinette's Hamlet. So adorable!















1 comment:

  1. Never thought of traveling to see Versailles, but now I see why there is so much hype about it! Wonderful photos, the place loos incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Got two cents to pitch in? Go for it! I adore comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...