home


June 4, 2013

Purple Trees and Summertime Sadness

It's only two weeks into summer vacation and I'm already going crazy with free time. And I don't mean crazy in the good sense. I was supposed to take a French conversation course this summer, but it was cancelled last minute unfortunately. So, with my 15-hour-a-week job, and nothing else on my plate, I've had a lot of time to lounge in bed...and lounge in bed some more.

I used to enjoy doing nothing! But I'm so eager for the future to get here that long, empty days really annoy me. But more on that future in a later post!

So today, I decided to change up the routine a bit and attend a free yoga class on the bluff. Which reminds me: I don't like free time because I have very little money to make the most of it, I just never have enough! (But doesn't everyone feel that way?) I also did some power walking, while listening to Swedish House Mafia, and ran up and down a huge flight of stairs to increase the workout. Because I refuse to gain weight this summer.


Lately, these trees have been blooming with the most gorgeous purple flowers. They rain down blossoms and it's breathtaking. Who doesn't love spring/summer?!



You know you're growing up when being on summer break no longer excites you. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?! Anybody else having this dilemma?

To continue with the theme of my post title, here's a little Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got two cents to pitch in? Go for it! I adore comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...